Here is an internal memo we have compiled of our knowledge that has helped us crack Snapchat ads. Let’s go out there and secure the bag 💰👝 ladies and gentleman.
You need to create at LEAST one snapchat business ad manager at https://business.snapchat.com/ You CANNOT have run any other snapchat ads from this account. This is very important because once you get a few disapprovals the account is burned and only a rep manually whitelisting you will save the account which rarely happens.
Do not create extra ad accounts within business ad manager that you aren’t going to use. With Facebook you want to create as many ad accounts as you can under one business manager in order to have a sort of “ad account” insurance policy. Refrain from doing this with snapchat. This will burn your account.
When In Doubt Get A New Account
It’s much better to start a new account with new credit card attached if you start getting disprovals on ads.
You will need at least $500 in adpsend that you will lose when testing and starting. I recommend at LEAST $4k when scaling. I recommend having at least two business managers (not ad accounts) with two DIFFERENT payment methods attached.
Try To Get A Rep
We don’t have hard numbers on this but it seems so far from anecdotal evidence that 1 in 5 accounts gets assigned an ad rep. It doesn’t seem to matter if you have spent money with them or not. Make sure to schedule an appointment with them. Unlike Facebook ad reps they tend to be helpful.
Choosing a vertical – Here are the facts:
- 71% of Snapchat users are under 34 years old.
- Roughly 70% of Snapchat users are female.
- 45% of Snapchat users are aged between 18-24.
- More than 25% of UK Smartphone users are on Snapchat, in Norway the number goes up to 50%.
- Ireland, Saudi Arabia, and Sweden have the highest levels of Snapchat penetration of their population aged 16+.
Domain Name Game
The domain must be something that is relevant to the vertical that you are promoting. For example if you are targeting people with bad credit a website like HealthyCreditLife.com or CreditSuperDuper.com. Do not use Insider, Venture, anything Snapchat Related, or anything that will give your users the misperception of a known brand. The name can’t be anything ConsumerDigest or have the word consumer in it either. I have made literally EVERY single naming mistake they have in the book so you don’t have to.
Pro Level Tip: if you have trust with your buyers and an agreement in place you can upload your creative directly to their website and send traffic there to your pre-sell advertorial. That way everything stays congruent and the user never leaves the same domain and branding throughout the whole process.
I’m not doing e-commerce. I understand that e-commerce is quite lucrative but it’s not in my team’s wheelhouse. We focus on lead generation and for our purposes I recommend Wp-Engine because it’s very fast load time.
I use this theme: https://themeforest.net/item/newspaper/5489609 please purchase a license for it. I will give you a hacked version of this theme that we use. We’re going to create a website that looks like https://insideractive.com/ you can’t use insider or venture or anything like that (I messed up with this site)
Heatmaps & Analytics
Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar.com. I recommend signing up for each of these services/products. To help analyze your ads and troubleshoot any traffic issues.
Purchase Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro
We use this for video editing.
- Videos must be under 10 we keep ours closer to 9 seconds.
- The text on the video should be no more than 20px and somewhere in the middle not next to the borders.
- The text SHOULD APPEAR between 2-3 seconds of time. They are VERY STRICT ABOUT THIS.
- The text should appear after 2 seconds. The first 2 seconds should be clean. We like to utilize singing and dancing iphone style videos to get their attention.
- Here is our Video Ad Formula:
- 5 Seconds of Dancing and Singing getting the users attention
- 2:29 seconds of text that is in the middle of the video under 20px
- 1:22 seconds of logo. This logo much match the landing page.
We will continue to add to this document as more data becomes available to us. Remember, life is too short to get rich slow.